Marc’s Bread Recipe
This recipe developed after trying different quantities of flour in order to produce a healthy bread with a mixture of different flours. Although white flour is not as healthy, we found a mixture of white and wholemeal makes good bread that tastes good and rises well.
- Add to a mixing bowl: 300g of very strong white flour, 100g wholemeal wheat flour (preferably Canadian stone ground), 50g rye flour, 50g medium oatmeal, a handful of chopped seeds (Linwood's seeds, green packet: flaxseed 50%, sunflower 25%, pumpkin seed 25%), mix with a fork.
- Add to one side of the bowl 10g of salt (approx 1 teaspoon), and to the other side of the bowl 5g (approx 1 teaspoon) of dried easy bake yeast
- Add 15ml olive oil and 300ml cold water
- Mix using an electric mixer with dough hooks if possible for a few minutes
- Kneed for 10 minutes
- Shape the dough into a ball, cover with a bit of oil, put back into the mixing bowl, cover the bowl and leave it to rise somewhere about room temperature
- When the dough has doubled in size (about 2 hours) take it out and flatten it, shape it into a fat roll shape, dust with rye flour, cover and leave to rise again (about 1 hour)
- Heat the oven to maximum temperature; preferably cook on a baking stone
- When you are ready to cook the bread, make three diagonal slashes on the top of the bread about 1cm deep
- Spray the top of the bread with water
- Put the bread in the oven for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to about 180 degrees Celsius (approx. 350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Cook for another 35 minutes, then leave to cool on a rack
| Home | Books | Downloads | Newsletter | Bible Studies | Quizzes | Constitution | Contact us | Other Books | Tracts |
adventtruth.co.uk Copyright © 2013-2015. All Rights Reserved.